[Ffmpeg-devel-irc] ffmpeg.log.20140413

burek burek021 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 02:05:01 CEST 2014

[08:57] <simpleirc2> #ffmpeg-devel
[13:28] <g44> anyone have an idea how to extract motion vectors out of ffmpeg?
[14:14] <pyBlob> how can you specify the video rate when using ffplay, the options -r/-vr don't work there?
[14:39] <pyBlob> ... or is it possible to change the speed without reencoding?
[15:34] <klaxa> pyBlob: see the setpts filter, or even easier, here: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/How%20to%20speed%20up%20/%20slow%20down%20a%20video
[15:34] <klaxa> i think you can copy the video codec
[15:49] <LDawg> I try to convert my images (captured at 30fps) to a webm video with the following command, but I cant get the framerate right. The video is always too fast: http://pastebin.com/rAjJ2r7W
[15:49] <LDawg> I also tried setting -r to 30 for the input file but this didnt help
[15:57] <LDawg> But that is my ffmpeg command
[15:58] <sacarasc> What about the complete console output?
[16:19] <BlackBishop> Is it possible to control ffmpeg once it's launched ? As in, it's doing some transcoding and streaming to a rtmp server and I want it to pause/resume ..
[16:20] <BlackBishop> Preferably via some socket file so I can do it via some web interface
[16:27] <LDawg> I try to convert my images (captured at 30fps) to a webm video with the following command, but I cant get the framerate right. The video is always too fast: http://pastebin.com/rAjJ2r7W
[16:27] <LDawg> I also tried setting -r to 30 for the input file but this didnt help
[16:27] <sacarasc> LDawg: What about the output?
[16:29] <LDawg> http://pastebin.com/ThSPnYA0
[16:30] <sacarasc> That says the input is 25, which is fine, what about the output for the output?
[16:34] <LDawg> http://pastebin.com/aHPsxHjB
[16:56] <LDawg> anything unusual?
[16:57] <sacarasc> Not that I can see, but I suck at this kind of thing. :D
[20:07] <BlackBishop> so .. no way to control ffmpeg after it started ?
[23:30] <dwirc> Heya
[23:30] <dwirc> Question... reagding live streaming and data detection
[23:32] <dwirc> So, I'm pulling an RTMP stream live from a surveillance camera on my front door, then doing various things with the stream (restream and storage, bsaically, nothing too fancy, but that's beside the point)
[23:33] <dwirc> Occasionally, something hicchups, and the ffmpeg pull stops, and hangs, despite the camera still being available.
[23:33] <dwirc> Once it stops, it stops... I've let it sit for 24 hrs before and it never restarts, nor does it die.
[23:33] <dwirc> Is there any simple way I can have ffmpeg detect a lack of data for ... X number of seconds, or something like that, and retry the connection?
[00:00] --- Mon Apr 14 2014