[Ffmpeg-devel-irc] ffmpeg.log.20190128

burek burek021 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 03:05:02 EET 2019

[01:19:53 CET] <SpeakerToMeat> Hello all.
[01:20:18 CET] <SpeakerToMeat> Question, if I have an interlaced video that came from a progressive (it was interlaced), what's the best deinterlacing algorithm to use for it?
[01:24:56 CET] <klaxa> the exact inverse algorithm used for interlacing it
[01:27:01 CET] <klaxa> if you don't know which one that is, maybe yadif "just works"?
[01:28:38 CET] <klaxa> if it doesn't maybe one of the other deinterlacing filters does: https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html (search for deinterlace maybe?)
[01:30:28 CET] <SpeakerToMeat> I'll need to check what (default) algo premiere uses (where it was interlaced), thanks
[12:28:32 CET] <zyme> nadermx 's mention reminds me of the headake I got last time I times to decoe some order between what
[12:32:18 CET] <zyme> is sometimes just newline \n, what sometimes needs to be called clear and newline or return and newline, not to mention what's the difference between text formats of it like in windows verses unix or linux which usually shows up on the same line in windows notepad and other readers - not to mention it doesn't seem to (always?) change in ASCII vs Unicode - also just pressing Enter/Retum often differs in an app depending on the lang
[14:36:26 CET] <ddevault> hiya
[14:36:48 CET] <ddevault> I have a little C program which feeds frames into libav for streaming with rtp
[14:37:10 CET] <ddevault> ffplay can play back my stream no problem, but mpv only shows one frame and freezes, and vlc never shows anything at all
[14:37:48 CET] <ddevault> here's the code: https://gist.github.com/ddevault/d05d502b5b1e65505b24e2150c7d2536
[14:38:31 CET] <ddevault> mpv prints a lot of "h264: non-existing PPS 0 referenced", "h264: decode_slice_header error", "sdp: max delay reached. need to consume packet"
[14:38:42 CET] <ddevault> the sdp file ends up looking like this https://sr.ht/GTzr.txt
[14:39:29 CET] <Mavrik> IIRC you need to set something like global header
[14:41:07 CET] <ddevault> setting this flag changes the behavior (different sdp file, different logs from mpv), but not the outcome
[14:51:57 CET] <ddevault> is there a way to list all codecs which support a given pixel format?
[19:42:38 CET] <SagarChapara> Greetings, I am a newbie in open source development and would like to know how to get started. Would love to here from anyone who can help me get started
[19:47:48 CET] <durandal_1707> SagarChapara: find something interesting to code or just inspect code and post patch if you find something wrong/missing
[19:48:27 CET] <durandal_1707> you need to know how to fetch & compile code too
[21:24:25 CET] <realies> can i fix aac file timestamps with ffmpeg?
[21:24:48 CET] <realies> trying to make it a wav but getting [aac @ 0x7f8855807000] Input buffer exhausted before END element found; Error while decoding stream #0:0: Invalid data found when processing input; [wav @ 0x7f8855807600] Filesize 4919443534 invalid for wav, output file will be broken
[22:39:10 CET] <ecrist> Hello folks.  I have an RTP stream from an HDHomeRun device that I'd like to grab a screenshot of.  I'm having a hard time coming up with the right command line options.  I get a bunch of decode slice errors and when I Ctl-C out, I get a "Decoding for stream 0 failed".  Full output here: https://pastebin.com/Z53KQyh0
[23:39:02 CET] <funyun> hi. i'm trying to build ffmpeg on windows to use hwaccel with my nvidia gpu. i'm following this guide i have installed directx sdk, cuda toolkit, and nvidia geforce drivers. but i don't understand how to build ffmpeg to utilize this. anyone familiar with this?
[23:42:25 CET] <funyun> i have also installed visual studio
[00:00:00 CET] --- Tue Jan 29 2019