[Ffmpeg-devel-irc] ffmpeg.log.20190615

burek burek021 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 03:05:02 EEST 2019

[00:16:04 CEST] <friendofafriend> With the deprecation of ffserver, is there something I should be using instead?
[00:16:36 CEST] <DHE> a couple of options depending on what you want. HLS or DASH are high latency but require only an HTTP server. nginx-rtmp is a more traditional replacement
[00:57:10 CEST] <friendofafriend> DHE: Is that live555 thing worth it to try?
[00:57:36 CEST] <friendofafriend> I can't use anything high latency, that's why I'm dumping icecast anyway.
[10:05:25 CEST] <TekuConcept> Trying to resolve a curious error when calling avformat_open_input() - sometimes it returns "Invalid data found when processing input" - I'm calling open an a local live RTSP stream
[19:04:10 CEST] <ncouloute> Is there no way maintain exact timestamp of the input when converting fps. It looks like the fps filter has a few rounding methods so maybe the rounding is what is causing it to be off by ~4-8 frames. Also it seems the nature of cfr is that it needs to drop/duplicate frames in order to maintain the cfr. Like I could take the existing frames and just retime them as cfr.
[19:18:59 CEST] <DHE> the timestamps are relative to the time-base. some formats have fixed time bases, others are flexible and allow you to set the timebase to the framerate (inverse of), then the pts just becomes a frame counter for video.
[19:53:37 CEST] <linext> what's the best media player for a windows computer to play a hdhomerun stream?
[19:54:57 CEST] <ncouloute> Yeah so I'm using ffms2 which apparently writes out the PTS of each frame with a time base of 1000. Similar to the mkvtimestamp_v2 of ffmpeg. In which case I would just take that number as the number of miliseconds?
[19:58:07 CEST] <DHE> ncouloute: basically yes
[20:03:18 CEST] <ncouloute> So I think that logic is correct. Issue must be with how I'm calculating the frame number of the resulting file. So I take that PTS number. lets call it x. X * (FPS/1000) = frame number.. (FPS is 60000/1001 in this case) Although that assumes ffmpeg is making a file with a timebase of 1000. Which doesnt appear to be the default. I have a tbn of 60k and a tbc of 59.94.
[00:00:00 CEST] --- Sun Jun 16 2019