[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: postprocessing filters

Nagendra Rao nag.nagendra
Tue Apr 12 06:50:39 CEST 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 3:15 PM, Nagendra Rao <nag.nagendra at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Mar 24, 2005 4:32 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > On Thursday 24 March 2005 06:53, Nagendra Rao wrote:
> > > hai
> > >
> > > i am Nagendra,a student from National Institute Of Technology
> > > Calicut,India. i've posted this fourdays back till now nobody
> > > responded. previously i've posted questions regarding the same topic
> > > in ffmpeg-devl list and some people suggested me mplayer. i've gone
> > > thru the vf_pp.c of mplayer and attempted to link the pp stuff to
> > > ffmpeg.
> > >
> > > i am getting the message (i am using cygwin and gdb debugger)
> > >
> > > [main] ffmpeg 1600 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
> > ffmpeg.exe
> > > .stackdump
> > > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> > >
> > > actually the problem is occuring at line 3508 of
> > postprocess_template.c
> > >
> > > memcpy(dst + i*dstStride, tempDst + (9+i)*dstStride, width);
> > >
> > > here i am attaching the files which i am using.pls tell me whether my
> > > approach is correct and am i passing the correct parameters
> > > ??????????/
> >
> > ive already told u that u must allocate the destination image, u cannot
> > store
> > things in NULL[x]
> > AVFrame *dst= avcodec_alloc_frame();
> > will only give u a AVFrame structure, u must allocate the arrays in
> > which the
> > image will be stored
> >
> > int postprocesscall(AVCodecContext *avctx, AVFrame *src )
> > src=dst;
> > av_free(dst);
> > return 0;
> > is also meaningless, src is a local variable ...
> >
> > btw, please do not crosspost, forward or repost this, we all get enough
> > mail
> > already, the correct mailinglist for libpostproc is ffmpeg-devel
> >
> > [...]
> > --
> > Michael
> >
> > "nothing is evil in the beginning. Even Sauron was not so." -- Elrond
>
>  hai mr.michael,
>
> i am sorry.as i've not got any response in ffmpeg-devel list and mplayer
> is already using postprocessing stuff i thought of finding a solution there
> so i posted to mplayer-dev-eng list.
>
> comming to my problem i've allocated the destination arrays.here i am
> attaching that peace of code.but still i am getting errors
>
> [main] ffmpeg 1176 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to ffmpeg.exe
> .stackdump
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> pls help me in this regard
>  thanx in advance
>  thanx&regards
> Nagendra.

hai,
 i am very sorry to bring this to u r notice.i've been posting the questions
regarding postprocessing in this mailing list for more than one month but
unfortunately i didn't get any rational solution to my
problem.unfortunatelyi am not even getting the replies to my
posts.i don't know if i am doing a mistake by writing like this.if that is
the case my sincere appologies to the list.
  i know here somany intellectual minds r working on an excellent
project.irequest few moments of u r leisure time to look into my
problem.btw i am having problem with post processing filters.i'd be grateful
if anybody could pls attend my request.
 thanx in advance
 thanks&regards
Nagendra Rao