[Ffmpeg-devel] Shared libraries install script broken in cvs

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Dec 13 15:52:09 CET 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 12:09:42PM +0100, Fran?ois Revol wrote:
> > Fran?ois Revol wrote:
> >
> > > b) not everyone supports hardlinks (nor symlinks)
> >
> > The only system not supporting symlinks I remember is DOS, do I miss
> > any?
>
> Including all its incarnations (Win9x), and VMS descendents (WinNT),

Wrong.  NTFS supports reparse points (junction points) since Windows
2000.  With this feature it is possible to create links, symbolic and
hard for all i know.  The tool to set them is linkd.exe that comes with
the W2K Ressource Kit.

Diego