[Ffmpeg-devel] Question about FAQ 1.3

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Oct 27 10:02:46 CEST 2005

Hi all,

http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/faq.html#SEC4 says: "Currently, the
grabbing stuff does not handle synchronisation correctly. You are free
to correct it. A fix is planned."

Is this still true, or is it just an old FAQ that has not been updated?
I sporadically use ffmpeg or libavformat to grab audio and video, but I
do not remember seeing big synch problems recently... But maybe this is
just a "long-term stability" issue and I am grabbing for a too short
time?

If the bug is still there, can someone explain how to reproduce it (and
give me a hint about what is wrong... I looked at the code, and
everything seems to be correct)? Is the bug in libavformat, or in
ffmpeg.c?
If someone can give me some hints and if I am able to reproduce the
problem, I am willing to fix it.

Otherwise, maybe it's time to update the FAQ.

			Thanks,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:
 In cambio di 10 minuti del tuo tempo per esprimere la tua opinione,
* Shopmon dona 1 Euro ai progetti di solidariet? di AMREF ed UNICEF
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3669&d=27-10