[Ffmpeg-devel] libavcodec: possible QPEL decoding bug.

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sat Sep 10 14:29:16 CEST 2005

Hello,
On 9/10/05, Morten Nilsen <morten at nilsen.com> wrote:
> Marius the Mad wrote:
> > What it looks like:
> >
> > frame 154 from my sample, decoded by:
> >
> > XviD: http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3341/154xvid6xt.png
> > libavcodec: http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4590/154avcodec2da.png
> >

> > Frame 283:
> >
> > XviD: http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6135/283xvid3tg.png
> > libavcodec: http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/573/283avcodec5xl.png
>
> I don't see any difference..

In the first, flicking quickly between the two, the XviD decoded
version looks much cleaner, while the libav one looks blotchy in
places. It has noticable artifacts anyway. In the second set of images
you quote I can't see any difference either. It's probably an issue of
monitor brightness or something that allows us to see different
things, or not. I think for the second set the white background of
FireFox was glaring my eyes too much for me to be able to notice any
subtle differences between the two but in the first they are more than
subtle.

Regards,
Robert Swain