[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: FFMPEG code a mess

Dave Dodge dododge
Mon Sep 19 23:56:37 CEST 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 08:47:16AM +0200, G?bor Farkas wrote:
> personally, i prefer python to java btw...

Most of my recent prototyping has been with Lua, which like anything
else has good points and bad points.

> for example, python is trying to get rid of the 'int'/'long' data
> types and only have one integer data type. i like the idea.

Lua has a single native numeric type, normally implemented as a C
double.  If you need something else, you can change it when you build
the interpreter, or you can use one of several techniques to pass
arbitrary C datatypes around in Lua as opaque objects.  The interface
between Lua and C is really easy, which makes it good for situations
where you expect to have a lot of native C code mixed in with the
scripting.

                                                  -Dave Dodge