[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug in libavutil Makefile (or maybe just mystupidity? Be gentle...)

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Feb 7 12:38:08 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 12:22:16PM +0100, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> Alexander Strasser wrote:
> >
> >  could you try adding `LIB=' (without the quotes) in your config.mak
> >retry build and report the results?
> >
> >  I think Michel Bardiaux also had this problem; Michel any news where
> >this setting comes from (i can't reproduce it).
> >
> I still cant find where my setting for LIB as seen under mingw comes
> from. I found some shell init scripts on my linux side, and some .bat on
> my PC, that do set LIB=, but not at that value.

I think your problem results from path names in spaces in them.  Could
you try putting quotes around the path names in config?

> All I can say is, that if I remove LIB from my msys environment manu
> militari, I can build the shared libs on mingw. I dont have plans to try
> static nor install.

Well, if you aren't willing to test it's impossible for us to fix bugs
we cannot reproduce...

Try 'make -n install', it will just print the commands it would run
without executing them.  Thus you can test without polluting your
system.

Diego