[Ffmpeg-devel] Raw aac

Erik Slagter erik
Tue Feb 7 12:41:07 CET 2006

Hi,

I've tried many combinations, but it doesn't seem ffmpeg supports
writing raw AAC. Is there actually something like this or should it be
encapsulated in ADTS or something alike?! It doesn't seem ffmpeg does
support this either. Is this true, is there a workaround?

My final goal is to have two separate streams that can be muxed by
MP4Box (gpac) into proper mp4. I already tried to make ffmpeg export mp4
and then mangle it using gpac, but gpac segfaults on the video stream no
matter what I do, so I guess something is wrong, and for the time being
I assume it's in the mp4 container. Does anyone have experience in this
area?

My utter final goal is to fix the ffmpeg mp4 muxer, but that may still
take some time :-( Maybe I could make ffmpeg use the gpac muxer some
way, it seems they have the muxer in a lib, but I guess that would not
be preferred by the ffmpeg devs.

Does the fact, that the mp4 muxer still is broken and nobody complains,
mean that everybody is actually using avi?!