[Ffmpeg-devel] TS: support for MSMPEG4V1/2/3 ?

Klaas-Pieter Vlieg vlieg
Thu Jul 6 11:35:24 CEST 2006

Is it possible for the devs to add MSMPEG4 support to the TS demuxer?
With ffplay I like to connect to a VLC server. VLC can generate TS with MSMPEG4 video streams.

I made some changes to mpegts.c and mpegts.h but it doesn't work, because some additional code is needed to determine stream parameters such as width and height.

Changes I made:

/libavformat/mpegts.h:
#define STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_MSCODEC   0xa0

/libavformat/mpegts.c:
        switch(stream_type) {
        case STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_MPEG1:
        case STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_MPEG2:
        case STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_MPEG1:
        case STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_MPEG2:
        case STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_MPEG4:
+        case STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_MSCODEC:
        case STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_H264:
        case STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_AAC:
        case STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_AC3:
        case STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_DTS:
        case STREAM_TYPE_SUBTITLE_DVB:
            pes = add_pes_stream(ts, pid, stream_type);

and
+    case STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_MSCODEC:
+        codec_type = CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO;
+        codec_id = CODEC_ID_MSMPEG4V3;