[Ffmpeg-devel] YUV420 buffer sizes

Gary Pearman gpearman
Thu Jun 22 19:05:11 CEST 2006

When decoding MPEG4, shouldn't the data buffer sizes for the U and V
(i.e. data[1] and data[2]) compenents be a quarter of the size of the
Y component and not half the size as they are currently?

I'm having problems intergrating the output of FFMPEG into a program
which expects the buffers to be these sizes.

I suspect that FFMPEG allocates enough room for YUV422 but only uses
half of the U and V space. Is there anyway to fix this so the buffers
are half the size, but the data still gets output correctly?

Thanks,
Gaz.