[Ffmpeg-devel] cropping + rescaling broken?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Mar 7 13:24:01 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 13:01 +0100, Erik Slagter wrote:
[...]
> > > That's correct.  Cropping should be exactly cropping.  If you want to retain
> > > the original size, you should apply scaling separately.
> > Well, I was expecting that the "-s 352x576" rescaled the image...
>
> I guess this is an ffmpeg commmand line option semantics issue. AFAIK
> there is no option to explicitly scale/zoom. Maybe if you specify
> another -s before the output file?
Ok, now I feel very stupid...

I overlooked this line in ffmpeg.c:
fprintf(stderr, "Vertical crop dimensions are outside the range of the original image.\nRemember to crop first and scale second.\n");
so the correct command line is
./ffmpeg -i /tmp/test.y4m -croptop 10 -cropbottom 10 -s 352x576 out.y4m
In fact, this works as I expect.

Now, does putting "-s" before the "-crop" options make sense? If not,
ffmpeg should probably complain when I use the wrong command line...

			Thanks,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:
 DA NON PERDERE: Prova gratis per 15 giorni DVDNet Rent e ricevi a casa tua i migliori film!
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=4633&d=7-3