[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: American quality standards.

Cian Duffy myob87
Wed Mar 15 20:56:24 CET 2006

On 15/03/06, M?ns Rullg?rd <mru at inprovide.com> wrote:

> Consider yourself lucky.  SCART was "invented" by the French, whose
> other contribution to the video world is SECAM.  The SCART connector
> is an abominable thing that has the habit of falling apart when
> unplugged.

Thats only really common on non-individually-coax'ed cables. None of the
ones I've bought fall apart when unplugged but the cheap crap that came with
my last console has pins that need to be put back in every time... because
its using individual unsheilded tin wires and not individual coaxial cablers

 That is, if you manage to get it plugged in properly in
> the first place.  To make matters worse, the cable is thick as a
> garden hose and enters the plug at an angle, invariable towards the
> wrong side

This is, unfortunately, entirely true. But hey, at least it means that
-most- kit supports component video here as a result.

Cian