[Ffmpeg-devel] some quick questions about swscaler integration

Luca Abeni labeni
Fri Mar 17 12:02:00 CET 2006

Hi all,

after doing some tests with the external swscaler, I think it is working
quite well, and I started integrating it into the ffmpeg tree.

So, I have some questions:
1) when porting libswscale to ffmpeg, I will have to change all the
malloc() in av_malloc() (and mp_msg() to av_log()), right? In this way,
libswscale will look like all the other libav* libraries.
2) I also converted memalign() to av_malloc(); is this ok?
3) the SIMD parts of libswscale use some REG_* (and similar) macros
(defined in mplayer/cpudetect.h). I see that some of those macros are
defined in libavcodec/i386/mmx.h, other (such as REG_SP, REGa, ...) are
missing.
So, I decided to create a "cpu.h" file that includes
libavcodec/i386/mmx.h and defines the missing macros. Is this ok, or
there is a better way to address this issue?
4) I see that the swscale files include a lot o headers that should not
be needed when including avcodec.h... Should I remove such inclusions?

			Thanks,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !