[Ffmpeg-devel] closed captioning bug?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue May 2 09:00:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 15:30 -0400, Cyrus A wrote:
> The audio seems broken now.
>
> I upgraded the AMD 64 X2 system to FC4, downloaded the latest CVS,
> applied the v4l2 patch and ran a test.
>
> The video looks nice, the captions are fine, but there is no sound. I
> can confirm with 100% certainty that sound on my system and audio device
> DOES work since trying the EXACT same ffmpeg command on a different
> build has sound. Plus, I noticed the same behavior when the patch was
> applied to CVS build of ffmpeg on an i386 FC5 machine I own as well.
>
> Why do you think the audio is now broken?
This is difficult to tell... I have never seen such problem: I suspect
it might depend on some specific hardware issue that I've never been
able to reproduce.

The "v4l2-fedora.diff" patch simply allowed configure to detect
video4linux2, and I cannot understand how it can influence the audio...
Before going on, can you check if the mixer settings are ok?
(does /dev/dsp work? - Note that the system could see 2 audio cards:
maybe ffmpeg is capturing from the wrong one?)

Anyway, to be able to give some more hints I need:
1) the config.h and config.mak files (generated by configure)
2) the full output of the ffmpeg command you ran
3) the output when you add "-d 5" to the command line

			Thanks,
				Luca
--
Proud to be "coglione"