[Ffmpeg-devel] Buffering audio data in case of overflow

Cyril Zorin cyril.zorin
Sat May 6 17:30:57 CEST 2006

Hullo,

I'm working on a decoder where the source media format provides more
than a frame's worth of audio with a frame chunk. In other words, an
incoming "frame", which is composed of audio and video, will have
__one__ video frame's worth of data, but potentially N audio frames'
worth of audio. This means that I can't quite push it all to ffmpeg,
because ffmpeg defines AVCODEC_MAX_AUDIO_FRAME_SIZE.

How is this situation generally handled? Are there any existing
codecs that need to solve this problem? Right now I'm thinking to
manually buffer the audio, but perhaps there's a better way?

Thanks,
Cyril.