[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] snow stats

Tom Harper d.thomas.harper
Thu Nov 2 18:14:54 CET 2006

Hi,

re:
At 01:08 AM 11/2/2006, Guillaume Poirier wrote:
>Please explain in further details what this is supposed to do (yes, I
>do see that you pass around some information, which wasn't done
>before), is it a fix, an improvement, .... so that I can put a
>meaningful log msg when I commit it.

"This patch outputs bits spent on various encoding functions
(motion vectors, overhead, etc) back into AVCodecContext
for external consumption"

(small) improvement- there isn't a "standard way" to handle
stats info but this is the way the mpeg related codecs
do it.   As you say the data is all there already but it wasn't
accessible.

Tom