[Ffmpeg-devel] [Bad news]: MPEG Seek has failed to work in FFmpeg SVN

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme
Wed Nov 8 18:56:23 CET 2006

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 11/6/06, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>> Hi

> [..]

>> > Yeah, I just put the actual size/location of where it crashes in
>> > chems1.vob in our app. Here's another patch with a more general value.
>> > (I made sure chems1.vob crashes too).
>>
>> looks ok
>
> Works, committed.

Thanks a lot!

So, now can we go back to the original subject ? That is seeking by
bytes in an MPEG2 file is broken/crashing. At least in chems1.vob.

Just use the following command and seek back a few times:
$ ./ffplay -bytes chems1.vob