[Ffmpeg-devel] problem with inlines and linking ffmpeg libraries with mpeg4ip on solaris 10

Steve DeLaney onramp123
Thu Nov 9 07:11:10 CET 2006

We are using ffmpeg with mpeg4ip.  On linux the build is OK, and ffmpeg
builds libraries that are linked by mpeg4ip and everything works.

On Solaris gcc things are not quite so simple.   ffmpeg builds, creates the
libraries, and links its own
executables.  During the build there are a HUGE number of inline warnings
from gcc.  but since the ffmpeg
executables seem to work I assume for now that the inline warnings are
benign.

Then the link with mpeg4ip is where things go astray.  mpeg4ip link report a
HUGE number of errors against
the ffmpeg libraries (illustrated with libavcodec.a below).   I suspect that
a library incompatibility has been
introduced since ffmpeg uses non-standard (ie: non-libtool) tools

I'd like to rule out if possible if this could somehow be related to the
inline warnings, and of course
figure out what can be done with the libraries to make this all hang
together.

[Build tool versions]:
libtool 1.5.22
autoconf 2.60
automake 1.9.6
gcc/g++ 3.4.6

> /usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.6/crtn.o  -Wl,-h
> -Wl,ffmpeg_audio_plugin.so.0 -o .libs/ffmpeg_audio_plugin.so.0.0.0
> Text relocation remains                  referenced
>     against symbol      offset in file
> <unknown>                           0x5bc

/usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.6/../../..//libavcodec.a(utils.
o)