[Ffmpeg-devel] x86/SSE fix to ensure 16-byte alignment on local variables

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier
Fri Nov 10 10:30:20 CET 2006

Hi,

Christophe Mutricy wrote:
>>Attached the patch against today's svn from the files Thorsten sent.
>

> Arghh. I manage to send the worng one.
> Here's the good one.

I think I can safely say that this patch is rejected in its corrent
form. It leads to unreadable code (at least, to my eyes) to support a
corner case.

I'm not even sure if a patch that would do smth like:

#ifndef BROKEN_STACK
    DECLARE_ALIGNED_16(DCTELEM, d1[64]);
#elif
    // TJ: force alignment to 16.
    //DCTELEM is short
    //DECLARE_ALIGNED_16(DCTELEM, d1[64]);
    DCTELEM d1_[64+8];
    DCTELEM* d1 = (DCTELEM*)((((unsigned long)d1_)+0xf)&~0xf);
    // end force
#end

would be accepted. The maintainer would have to tell.

Guillaume