[Ffmpeg-devel] --enable-swscaler breaks ffmpeg2theora

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Oct 10 14:03:59 CEST 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 04:20:01AM -0700, Unga wrote:
> --- Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 10/10/06, Unga <unga888 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Compiling ffmpeg with --enable-swscaler develops
> > > following error in ffmpeg2theora:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Is this a bug in ffmpeg?
> >
> > Don't know, but this list if for issues with FFmpeg,
> > so if you are using ffmpeg
> > theora, which is a different project, you are out of
> > help here.
>
> Please read again the original post. I know
> ffmpeg2theora is a different project. But my post is
> intended for ffmpeg project.

Please read Guillaume's response again.  I'll repeat his points once
again for you:

- This list is about *FFmpeg* and not some other project.  We don't care
  in the least if ffmpeg2theora compiles or not.  If it's a bug in
  FFmpeg, find it and come back afterwards.

- Compilation problem reports belong on the user list unless they come
  with a solution to fix them.

Diego