[Ffmpeg-devel] access to h264 stream in the decoder

Benoit Fouet benoit.fouet
Tue Oct 24 09:40:05 CEST 2006

hello

Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Hi
>
> Luca Barbato wrote:
>
>> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

>>> No, and this question belongs on ffmpeg-users.
>>>

>> If it is how as in code snippet it could belong (and I would find useful
>> too) if is how as in ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -vcodec copy out.m4v or
>> equivalent...
>>
>> lu
>>

> Well problem with H264 in mp3/3gp is special NAL formatting and SPS/PPS
> in extradata, to export raw H264 streams from those containers you need
> a bitstream filter.

could you please elaborate on this bitstream filter ?
I'm willing to do it if it's not already done, so that one can easily
extract raw H264 data from a container bitstream.
Thanks for the explanation anyway...

-- Ben