[Ffmpeg-devel] Mac OSX debug build problems

Guillaume POIRIER gpoirier
Tue Oct 24 23:09:18 CEST 2006

On 10/24/06, Anders Moden <ffmpeg at tooltech-software.com> wrote:

> 24 okt 2006 kl. 22.23 skrev Guillaume Poirier:
>

> > On Oct 24, 2006, at 9:37 , Anders Moden wrote:
> >
> >> Hi !
> >>
> >> Why is it always a lot of problems using --disable-strip --disable-
> >> opts
> >>
> >> I am always stuck in a situation where I need to debug the code.
> >> On OSX I always get
> >>
> >> cc -I/Users/amo/ffmpeg/libswscale   -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -
> >> D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_ISOC9X_SOURCE -I/
> >> Users/amo/ffmpeg -I/Users/amo/ffmpeg -I/Users/amo/ffmpeg/libavutil
> >> -I/Users/amo/faad2/include -no-cpp-precomp -pipe -
> >> force_cpusubtype_ALL -Wno-sign-compare -g -Wdeclaration-after-
> >> statement -Wall -Wno-switch -Wdisabled-optimization -Wpointer-
> >> arith -Wredundant-decls -Winline -mdynamic-no-pic  -c -o cabac.o
> >> cabac.c
> >> In file included from cabac.c:32:
> >> cabac.h: In function 'get_cabac_noinline':
> >> cabac.h:525: error: can't find a register in class 'GENERAL_REGS'
> >> while reloading 'asm'
> >> make[1]: *** [cabac.o] Error 1
> >> make: *** [lib] Error 2
> >>
> >> somewhere. Either mmx or swscale. The mmx stuff can be disabled,
> >> but the swscale can not.
> >
> > CFLAGS+=-fomit-pointer
>
> Nope. I can get it to compile without using -O3 on some files

but this one needs -fomit pointer and level of optimilation above -O0.
This is a shortcoming of GCC. If you can test with icc, maybe you
would be able to compile with baby without optimizations.

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!