[FFmpeg-devel] "error, non monotone timestamps 45000 >= 45000" in ffserver

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Aug 11 02:15:35 CEST 2007

Hi

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 11:46:47AM +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in my patchset, I have the attached patch (I even forgot about it), that
> fixes an "error, non monotone timestamps ..." error in ffserver.
>
> How to reproduce the bug:
> 1) make output_example
> 2) ./output_example test.avi
> 3) ./ffmpeg -i test.avi /tmp/test1.mpg
> 4) add the following to ffserver.conf:
> 	<Stream test1-rtsp.mpg>
> 		Format rtp
> 		File "/tmp/test1.mpg"
> 	</Stream>
> 5) start ffserver, and try to play the stream with vlc:
> 	 vlc rtsp://localhost:5454/test1-rtsp.mpg
>
> You will see the error in ffserver log, and the stream will not start. Now,
> my patch fixes the error, but I do not know if it is a proper solution, or
> if it is just hiding another bug...

looks ok (i wonder how ffserver worked at all ...)
but please move the av_find_stream_info up, immedeatly after
av_open_input_file() the spot you choose is too late as it can
cause new streams to be added ...

also note that in ffplay similar code has a special case for rtsp
(i dunno the rtsp code well enough to say what that special
case is good for ...)

PS: before you apply a modified version, send patch and wait a day
before you apply it to give our ffserver maintainer a chance to review it

Thouse who are best at talking, realize last or never when they are wrong.