[Ffmpeg-devel] Degraded G.726 quality with pops and clicks

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Mon Feb 12 11:54:02 CET 2007

Brain Lai wrote:
> Dear Sir:

Please dont top-post.

Please try to snip sigs when quoting.

> I am not very sure the exact version VLC 0.8.5 adopted. I just follow VLC's
> building process to download all the external
> library<http://download.videolan.org/pub/testing/win32/contrib-20060330-win32-bin-gcc-3.4.5-only.tar.bz2>binaries
>
> including ffmpeg.

If you got ffmpeg as binaries bundled with a distribution of vlc, then
problems should be reported to the person who packaged that, not here,
where only the very latest version from the source repository is supported.

And anyway it should be on ffmpeg-user, not ffmpeg-devel.

> It contains libavcodec.pc which shows:
>
> prefix=/usr/win32
> exec_prefix=${prefix}
> libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib