[FFmpeg-devel] Why C++ support has been removed from ffmpeg headers ??

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Jul 4 12:59:27 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 12:49:08PM +0200, kabi wrote:
> 2007/7/4, V?ctor Paesa <wzrlpy at arsystel.com>:
> >
> > kabi dijo:
> > >
> > > Can anyone explain me please, why there has been removed support
> > > for C++ from exported ffmpeg headers ?
> >
> > The quite lengthy explanation is at the ffmpeg-devel archives, just look
> > for C++ and headers.
>
> Ohh I see - that happens when I do not have time to read the conference :(
>
> I knew there are going to be troubles when people starts to take religion
> into programing....
>
> I hope some developers finaly grow and will find out, that open-source is
> about writing the best code and satisfy the most users and not to write the
> lines like 'We will teach them...'

Please, please, please:

1. Do not reopen the subject for the nth time and
2. don't tell people here what certain words mean or how and why they
   should act one way or another,

since either of the two is 200% certain to start another boring, useless
and neverending flamewar.

Thank you very much

Diego

P.S.: @everybody: *Please* don't bite the flamebait.  Thanks a million.