[FFmpeg-devel] lame buffer shortage

Rick Harris rickharris
Tue Jul 24 03:57:36 CEST 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:12:43 am Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 12:03:46AM +0200, Gabriel Bouvigne wrote:
> > Michael Niedermayer a ?crit :

<snip>

> > (actually I do not remember anyone complaining to us about the current
> > behaviour)
>
> well, it seems everyone works around issues if its easy possible instead
> of reporting it, thats not the way it should be i agree ...

Confirmed, I remember having lame buffer errors in the past and just found a
patch I'd created from June 2005 that made the modification:

-#define BUFFER_SIZE (2*MPA_FRAME_SIZE)
+#define BUFFER_SIZE (4*MPA_FRAME_SIZE)

Think I only applied it for a one off time that I actually did any MP3
encoding (and forgot about it, probably thinking at the time to investigate
later to see if it had other consequences).

Rick