[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] disabling digest mode

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier
Wed Jun 6 10:35:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> should we disable digest mode for ffmpeg-dev ?
> i and mans seem to be in favor of it, if i hear no objections within
> a few days, ill disable it

I think it's the wrong way to solve the message-threading breaking
problem.
If it were me, in an ideal world where mailman had all the options out
there to do whatever we want, I'd just reject mails from people
subscribed in digest mode.
I think there's a lot of people out there who value digest mode to
read the mailing list without having to worry about missing a mail
(which gname isn't really convenient for IMHO) be don't want to fill
their mailbox with lotsa mailing list mails.

However, I just had a quick look at mailman's interface, and at the
doc, and it doesn't seem possible to do this, so:
yes, disabling digest mode is maybe the simplest solution to solve our
mail-threading breaking problem, but it certainly isn't the nicest one
IMHO.

Guillaume