[FFmpeg-devel] foo -> libfoo changes

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Jun 13 19:45:05 CEST 2007

Hi

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 01:23:06PM +0400, Pavlov Konstantin wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 11:04:31AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 09:05:01AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > >
> > > On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 03:22:53AM +0300, Ismail D?nmez wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > iam not disagreeing

> > > default? we where disscussing the name not the default ...

> > > remove libvorbis

> > > iam wasting my time on an idiotic bikeshed discussion
> >
> > I think our LinuxTag motto sums it up quite nicely:
> >
> > Patches welcome.
>
> So, basically we should provide you a patch that bumps major ?

well, we have quite a few things sheduled for removial with the next
major bump so while there is no need to bump major to resolve this at
all it would be an option too, accumulating old trash forever isnt good

simply providing a few dummy codecs under #if LIBAVCODEC_VERSION_INT <...
so avcodec_find_encoder_by_name() would work with the obsolete names
would likely be a simpler solution though

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad
people will find a way around the laws. -- Plato