[FFmpeg-devel] RFC: setting format parameters from the URL

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Apr 10 22:01:46 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Nicolas George <
nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:

> My system does not aim to replace AVOption, but to wrap it in a simpler
> API
> (just a string) for the programs that do not need all the might and power
> of
> AVOption. Again, see my answer to Uoti for more details.<https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-devel>

Then add that helper on top of AVOption to your application (and possibly to
ffmpeg.c). Don't add it to lav*, I'm glad all this crap will finally go away
and AVOption is getting somewhere, I've waited for something like that for a
long time.

Ronald