[FFmpeg-devel] AAC decoder round 5

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sat Aug 9 11:38:54 CEST 2008

2008/8/8 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 08:02:10PM +0100, Robert Swain wrote:

>> > maybe a little ascii art would help making the relation more clear.
>> > but this is possibly better done after it hit svn ..
>>
>> OK, then how about the attached for documenting non-obvious arrays?
>
> iam fine with it and wont complain again about it because of kostyas need
> to have the decoer in svn, but this is not by the slightest better except
> the replacement of the incorrect frame by window IIRC.
>
> as simple example just take
> "scalefactor band - term for scalefactor band within a group."
>
> X is X in [CircularDefinitionException

 * scalefactor band - a set of spectral coefficients which are scaled by one
 * scalefactor. In case of EIGHT_SHORT_SEQUENCE and grouping a scalefactor band
 * may contain several scalefactor window bands of corresponding frequency. For
 * all other window_sequences scalefactor bands and scalefactor window bands are
 * identical.

> iam not too good at pin pointing further issues ATM ...
>
> also iam not sure if the comments wont need /**

In some doxygen documentation I found they used // \name and // @{ so
I think it should be OK. If not I'll edit them.

Applied with the suggested scalefactor band given above.

Rob