[FFmpeg-devel] fft_mmx.asm yasm 64bit build broken

Måns Rullgård mans
Sat Aug 16 17:17:31 CEST 2008

vmrsss <vmrsss at gmail.com> writes:

> On 16 Aug 2008, at 15:49, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Ask Apple if they can fix the system.  We don't know.
>
> What do you mean? Doesn't look like a Apple problem at all...
>
>> error: macho: sorry, cannot apply 32 bit absolute relocations in 64
>> bit mode, consider "[_symbol wrt rip]" for mem access, "qword" and
>> "dq _foo" for pointers.

This is an Apple problem.  Since the same code works on the same
hardware under Linux, it follows that it must be an Apple problem if
it doesn't work in MacOS.  In fact, code like this used to work just
fine with older versions of the Apple linker.  Sorry, but you're
barking up the wrong tree.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com