[FFmpeg-devel] pkgconfig Cflag includedir: a suggestion

sean darcy seandarcy2
Sun May 4 15:08:10 CEST 2008

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 07:24:40AM -0400, sean darcy wrote:
>> For some while ffmpeg has been installing its include files in
>> /incdir/libname/, for instance /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h.
>>
>> But the pkgconfig .pc files point to just /incdir, /usr/include.
>>
>> I suggest that we change both Cflags to:
>> Cflags: -I\${includedir}/$name
>>
>> which enables me to build kino.
>
> No, you need to update your include paths.

Well I can hard wire kino to point to each include path, but isn't this
the .pc files job? Shouldn't kino ( or any other program ) just be able
to use the Cflags from the .pc file and find the include path. That way
when ffmpeg changes the include path kino can still find it.

Or do I have this all wrong, as usual.

sean