[FFmpeg-devel] Once again: Multithreaded H.264 decoding with ffmpeg?

Loren Merritt lorenm
Fri May 30 17:31:04 CEST 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Alexander Strange wrote:

> There's been some work since then - Loren wrote SSSE3 MC functions and
> the rest might be a bit better. I'd guess fill_caches and the loop
> filter are more important now; if you want to look at those, it would
> be great, but make sure you're good at assembly first.

I have SSE2 versions of loop filter. But they're in yasm format, and I am
fed up with porting between that and gcc. So if everyone is ok with
adding a build-time dependency, I will copy them from x264. If not,
someone else can do the work.

--Loren Merritt