[FFmpeg-devel] another bug fixing weekend, release postponed

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Feb 19 16:13:32 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 01:02:34PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> We've been talking about this on IRC already.  Since the bug fixing
> weekend was severely hampered by the unavailability of roundup and
> people sitting back with popcorn to watch the gladiators instead of
> hitting their keyboards, we'll be making another attempt.
>
> So there will be another bug fixing weekend this weekend.  Please try
> to really come over to IRC and concentrate on fixing bugs.  One priority
> should be getting the regression tests to pass on all platforms.
>
> It seems that everybody likes the idea of contests and points, so why
> not provide some extra motivation..  We'll make this into a bug fixing
> contest.  Grab issues on roundup and fix them.  Points are awarded
> according to the bug's priority:
>
> critical  - 4 points
> important - 4 points
> normal    - 2 points
> minor     - 1 point
>
> Bugs marked as wishes will get an amount of points depending on the
> difficulty and severity of the issue.  Michael is hereby enlisted as
> arbiter for these :)

i dont mind being arbiter if people cant agree but i will not count
these points. Counting for the deathmatch is more work than it seemed

There will always be a question for which you do not know the correct awnser.