[FFmpeg-devel] FOMS 2009 FFmpeg outbrief

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Jan 26 23:00:40 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 04:22:02PM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:

> I would be happy to do a bit of documentation but my usual feeling is
> "Where do I start?" and then nothing gets done because I can't just
> look at a list of things to do and think "OK, I'll do that bit because
> it'll take about half an hour to do."

Is that really so hard?

Here are some ideas:

- The list of supported formats in general.texi is incomplete.
- Many files are lacking Doxygen comments.
- Much of the Doxygen comments are full of errors and harder
  to understand than necessary.

That should keep you busy for some time and you can do it in small,
file-sized chunks.

I guess we should start a wiki page for this.  Rob, go right ahead :)

Oh, and don't review the Doxygen in libavutil, I have that in my local
tree, will commit some time this week.

Diego