[FFmpeg-devel] lame: output buffer too small issue

Dennis Volodomanov dennis.volodomanov
Wed Jan 28 23:53:37 CET 2009

> Beyond this being the funniest error message I've seen in a while
> (lame: output buffer too small), we've gotten reports on Xuggle of
> this being a problem with FFMPEG and Lame 3.98.2.
>
> Our users claim backing up to Lame 3.97 makes the problem go away; you
> could try that.  Here's the bug we're tracking:
> http://code.google.com/p/xuggle/issues/detail?id=41

Thank you Art, I'll try going back to 3.97. However, it used to work
with 3.98.2 before, so I think there was some change in ffmpeg's code to
trigger this error now. And it is a very funny message to read, I agree
:)

   Dennis