[FFmpeg-devel] WORDS_BIGENDIAN used in installed header avutil.h

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jan 29 12:21:52 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 03:16:46PM -0800, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Hi Diego,
>
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > Houston, we have a problem.  The installed header avutil.h uses
> > WORDS_BIGENDIAN, which is #defined in config.h, which is not installed...
> >

> first, pix_fmt stuff should be moved to another header.
>
> second, Im pretty sure, these redefines for RGBA/BGRA/32 whatever can be
> avoided if dealt within libswscale when choosing func pointer.

they are part of the public API and they are intentionally part of it.
They are usefull and used, for example in codecs.

IMHO we shouldnt be butchering the API

it is not once nor twice but times without number that the same ideas make
their appearance in the world. -- Aristotle