[FFmpeg-devel] Interpolation algorithms for FFmpeg

Sebastian Vater cdgs.basty
Tue Aug 3 13:52:21 CEST 2010

Loren Merritt a ?crit :
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Michael Niedermayer
>> <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

>>> and very slow from what i know
>>
>> Because it's written purely in float and unnecessarily slow, really.
>> IIRC, Loren suggested it could be at least 10x faster with hardly any
>> changes to the overall concept, which is enough to at least do SD in
>> realtime.
>
> Tritical has fixed some parts since then, so I'd estimate 3x now.

Maybe that would be a good task then for bringing that 10x faster in
total for the Bachelor work as well as for FFmpeg?

If I'm not wrong then most of the speed gain can be achieved by doing a
100% integer (fixed point) version?

What do you think?

--

Best regards,