[FFmpeg-devel] [HACK] 50% faster H.264 decoding

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Mon Aug 23 01:23:27 CEST 2010

On 08/22/2010 09:50 PM, Alex Converse wrote:
> Meanwhile in the real world, converting the imdct to from inline to
> yasm didn't break a single platform the inline code ran on and also
> works properly on win64 and suncc which were previously broken.

In the same word open64 couldn't link because of that, but isn't much
important since they have to fix lots before having it being even
interesting for general consumption.

inline vs pure asm (and foreign assembler) isn't much my point anyway.

It's more proper intrinsics in C vs asm, as I stated before stand alone
asm and inline asm is a good workaround and a quite inflexible optimization.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux