[FFmpeg-devel] SRTP support

Stas Oskin stas.oskin
Mon Feb 1 22:28:30 CET 2010

Hi.

1) it would be better to avoid using extendal libraries

Actually, after posting this email I looked closer at the VLC
implementation, and it's definitely seems self sufficient:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=tree;f=libs/srtp;h=975be2b10da132a79d6a04d51e70271d130f53fe;hb=HEAD

There are basically 2 files (srtp.c and srtp.h), and a dependency on the
libgcrypt. The code is compiled statically and linked into the main
executable.

> 2) I think that integrating SRTP functionalities in the libavformat API
> might require some careful design (avoiding to implement RTP or SRTP centric
> extensions, etc...).

I actually thinking about adding another layer, right before the rtp.c
writing (and maybe reading), which would encrypt every passing packet just
before sending it down the wire.

Sounds a reasonable approach?

Regards