[FFmpeg-devel] Possible leak in RTSP to disk copy writing

Stas Oskin stas.oskin
Mon Mar 15 12:54:50 CET 2010

Hi.

First, did you miss this message?
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/96248/focus=96250

Well, back then I did a really stupid testing procedure by Ctrl-C FFMPEG
before letting it clean-up the memory, which I admitted in follow-up email.
I did retested it recently, and found out that while all memory indeed
released in the end, during the run it just growing.

> Note that "leak" == valgrind complains (and "valgrind does not complain" ==
> no
> leak).

Well, this probably has several points of view, one of them that if even if
the program releases all correctly, but still eventually runs out of memory
while running, it can be considered as a leak.

> > Here is an example command that will trigger it:
> > ffmpeg -i rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/live.sdp -vcodec copy -acodec none
> > test.mp4
>
> Very hard to test...

I can send you a WAN URL to check it out.

> Are you sure you are not describing the properties of writing the iso
> container?
>
> This is the exact command I'm using - just dumping the frames to disk.

> Please try to remember the actual name of our project and please do not
> top-post, it is considered rude, Carl Eugen
>
> Sorry for that, my intent was to reference to  my earlier email.

Thanks again.