[FFmpeg-devel] Possible leak in RTSP to disk copy writing

Stas Oskin stas.oskin
Mon Mar 15 21:28:23 CET 2010

Hi.

This really does not belong on this list, at least so far.

Anyway what you want is copying without using up more memory if more
> data is copied, which is a far higher requirement.
> MOV/MP4 is a format with a mandatory index, and at least without very ugly
> hacks the index must be in one piece. Which means that the index can only
> be written at the end and after all other data was written, which means
> that unless you store it in a temporary file (which has quite serious
> issues),
> the index must be kept in memory and grows in size with every audio or
> video
> frame added to the file.

I didn't thought of this, and it completely makes sense.

I actually thought I discovered a memory leak, hence I posted here, but
since it clearly not the case, I will re-post your reply with my question in
the libavcodec section.

Thanks again.