[FFmpeg-devel] Not so preliminary announcement about the current situation

Rob robert.swain
Fri Jan 28 17:43:32 CET 2011

On 28 January 2011 17:30, Rob <robert.swain at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 January 2011 17:13, Stefano Sabatini
> <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:

>> [...]
>>
>> Please let's stop this mud flinging (I didn't even know the expression
>> before this thread).
>>
>> Changing server admins seems like a necessary step towards the
>> solution of the "crisis", also it has been alleged that the job of
>> root is mostly ungrateful and boring so the persons which are in
>> charge should feel this more like a liberation than a "diminishment".
>
> One possible solution (Attila had said that natsuki is coming to the
> end of its reliable life) is to make use of some other infrastructure
> that others manage in general rather than maintaining our own. I was
> quite happy when the prospect of using videolan.org came up.

I say this not because I don't trust the roots to do the
administration but rather because it seems to be forever a focus of
arguments and we have enough issues to argue about without people
having disagreements with system administrators who are also
developers.

Regards,
Rob