[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] move ffplay.c:input_get_buffer into libavcodec/libavfilter

Joakim Plate elupus at ecce.se
Sun Jul 17 19:24:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

I was just about to start adding support for get_buffer/reget
buffer for use with libavfilter to xbmc.

This would currently imply me copying input_get_buffer() almost
verbatime from ffplay. Wouldn't it make more sense if that code
was somewhere inside either libavfilter or libavcodec?

Perhaps even part of the default lavc get_buffer(). If
avcodeccontext had a avfilter member which outside code could
set on init if the avfilter buffer allocation functions should
be used.

It feels a bit silly to re-implement them for any player that
wish to continue processing a decoded frame in avfilter. They
are after all not entirely elementary.

I may look at doing it myself but my env for developing on
ffmpeg itself is sub-optimal (on windows).

/Joakim