[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg, FFMtech Foundation and donations

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:30:56 CEST 2011

On 6/15/11, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 04:03:32PM -0400, compn wrote:
>> >
>> >me?
>> >in relation to this?
>> >for me to shutup?
>> >
>> >there is nothing i want in that respect.
>>
>> sorry for my mail being so blunt, i dont want anyone to shutup.
>> i just didnt understand your mail.
>
> no, i have to say sorry, my reply was blunt and offensive.
>
> A better awnser would have been that my original mail
> is just a protest & complaint against a perceived manipulation of the
> election and violation of the foundations rules and regulations.
>
> [...]
> --
> Michael     GnuPG fingerprint: 9FF2128B147EF6730BADF133611EC787040B0FAB
>
> Old school: Use the lowest level language in which you can solve the problem
>             conveniently.
> New school: Use the highest level language in which the latest supercomputer
>             can solve the problem without the user falling asleep waiting.

I just want to say something that should be obvious to everybody.

Why would a group of people who left FFmpeg on their own accord, why
would they want to remain and control foundation established to
promote FFmpeg?

It is all for the money!

With the current majority, "masters" directors can't give the money to
themselves, can't transfer them to another foundation and can't change
the rules of the foundation. If they had managed to bribe Carl, they
would have been able to.
They will probably be able to do that after this election.

The foundation bylaw specifically mentions FFmpeg and libavcodec as
its support targets. This is far more plausible explanation why
masters didn't create clean fork from the start, but attempted a
hostile takeover.

P.S.
I put this rant for only one purpose.
After one year I want to be able to look back and say "I told you this
would happen".
And I would be much more happy if I am wrong.