[FFmpeg-devel] (trying to be) a voice of reason

Nicolas George nicolas.george
Mon Mar 14 20:48:24 CET 2011

Le quartidi 24 vent?se, an CCXIX, Michael Niedermayer a ?crit?:
> I also thought it can be done, but simply voting for equality 14:1 had no
> effect, it was ignored.

You could have guessed it would be ignored before you even started it. The
main reason is: because it was you.

Some people have a strong dislike for you, personally. Anything you would
have done, they would have rejected.

In my opinion, you have shown yourself slightly more reasonable than them.
But only slightly: the sarcastic comments, the snide remarks, were too much.
If you care about the project, you must do an effort and be much more
reasonable than them, at least for the time.

Now, here is a simple question:

If someone you deem trustworthy organizes an unbiased proper vote, and the
result is not to your liking, would you:

a. surrender control of whatever you technically control to the new
   appointed leadership, or

b. keep control of whatever you can and fight with any weapon at your
   disposal?

Note that answering "a" does not prevent you, during the voting process,
from clearly stating "if this motion I do not like passes, I will leave;
heed my advice".

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George