[FFmpeg-devel] for ffmpeg org

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Feb 9 20:59:02 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 04:36:23PM -0500, Don Moir wrote:
> >Side note: It would be cool if there was a list of the current problems
> >with building FFmpeg with VC++ and Intel (named initializers with
> >VC++, for
> >example).  That way various solutions could be explored and weighed.
>
> named initializers do work with the Intel compiler as far as I
> remember. I can't remember the changes I had to make, mostly very
> simple. I just did it as a test to see what it might take.
>
> I think that John Dexter has a good handle on this.

If someone were to just dump their changes they had to do
to make it work with the Intel compiler for Visual Studio
into some git repository or something I'm sure we could
find some developers to review it and get a good bit accepted.
Just beyond that I am sure most developers will have similar
problem as me when it comes to helping out: No properly working
Windows (if at all), no VisualStudio installation, no free
licenses for Intel compiler (except a time-limited test license
which last time went out before I even found time to install it
- counting from download time is really ridiculous) etc.