[FFmpeg-devel] Frext 264 status, question and maybe "resources" to come

Predrag Agora predrag at agora-cs.com
Mon Jun 11 02:34:09 CEST 2012

Dear FFMPEG-ers

I would highly appreciate your assistance with one particular aspect of FFMPEG development (see below) that
might result (so I hope) in significant "influx" of development resources to benefit us all.

One large enterprise (cant name names now) is "woking on a proposal" for government funding for Open Source
libraries that will support H.264 FRExt (4:2:2, 4:4:4 and 14 bits) decoding (encoding too). All development is
to be released to community ... and I am lobbying for FFMPEG (myself being a small corporation, mostly
contracting work on time-critical multimedia systems ... www.agora-cs.com ... though web site was not updated past 5 years)

Need your help with current status of H.264 FRExt (4:2:2, 4:4:4 and 14 bits) development ... any ball park numbers will do.

Hope to hear from you soon (and to join your efforts too)

Dr. Predrag Filipovic
President, Agora Creative Solutions, Inc.
+1 609 902 2583
pfilipovic at agora-cs.com